Saturday, December 12, 2015

Watercolour Mix Charts

Oh hey.

Starting this up again as I need to keep up my practice and exploration of new thingies! So today (well last night really until like 3am) I made some colour mix charts. I've been watching loads of videos on all types of subjects but for my watercolour projects I found that this tutorial on colour mixing to be best of all. So I went with this method.

I'm a crippling perfectionist so I spent QUITE a while measuring and drawing up these wee boxes for the swatches. I started with the primary colours on a nice sheet of 135 lb paper (not necessarily watercolour but it did the trick when taped to masonite) and realised there was no way I was going to measure out and draw boxes another 10 times. So I decided not to waste my good paper on studies and instead traced over that first 135 lb sheet of primary swatches and scanned them in to print! How clever right?? Only prob is well.... watercolour on printer paper goes a bit wobbly but it works for my intents and purposes. Which is just to get an idea of colours I like and how to get something close to that anytime I want. On with the show!



I'm using Reeves Watercolour paints it was the cheapest I could get without going kiddie paints. I will most likely upgrade to a better set eventually but for beginner I was suggested this at the art store (<3 curry's!!)

Ok that's it for now.

<3natasha.



No comments:

Post a Comment