Sunday, February 28, 2016

Studies - Loomis - Heads II

Last dump of these for a minute. I realized during this last batch that because I slacked I got rusty and took several steps back. These are basically all shit except the one that looks like Archie! Lol  So I've moved to figures just to switch it up and stop obsessing over heads. Aaaaand on with the heads!!!





- Staedtler Mars Lumograph graphite pencil HB
- Derwent Graphic graphite pencil 4B
- Staedtler pigment liner 0.3 and 0.1
- printer paper
- kneaded erasure
- standard vinyl eraser

Like some of those I just don't even know hahaha. Musn't stop anymore. Now I'm affraid that even over night I'll forget everything and start from scratch again lol. Anywho when I return to the heads again tomorrow I need to really focus on proportions and where the features get placed and stop worrying about getting it to look like Loomis' examples. Each page I did like 3 or 4 heads from reference then did the rest of the page from memory but I still feel like I'm trying to get it to look like his instead of paying more attention to the actual fundamentals of it. Also think I'd like to try stylizing them a bit not too much but like different hair instead of that boxy thing lol. Figures to come! I'm off to my personal sketchbook fun to draw block letters XD

<3natasha.



No comments:

Post a Comment