Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Supply Haul 4 - MASSIVE SUPPLY HAUL

So I lied last haul post when I said I'd cut myself off. If anything I've gone more crazy than ever. I discovered there's a DeSerres a few blocks from me which is closer than the other stores I frequent. They also have different selections for things like watercolours which is handy but it is probably the most expensive of the art stores in Toronto which I discovered today. So there's some things I won't be buying here again :/



- 16x20" masonite board
- Reeves brand gouache (not sure i should have went with this brand since I've all but ditched the watercolours of the same brand already)
- 12x18" cutting mat
- 18x24" masonite board
- 18x24" newsprint pads x 2
- 6x6" watercolour field journal with Fluid brand paper in it apparently 140lb
- Pebeo Studio Gouache in Carmine, Lemon Yellow, and Ultramarine Blue
- Touch Twin Markers in Deep Red, Cosmos, Verona Blue, Marine Blue, Lavender, and Colourless Blender (USELESS)
- Pentel Pocket Brush Pen (EXPENSIVE LOL)
- Winsor & Newton Cotman splurge: Indigo, Prussian Blue, Cobalt Blue Hue, Cerulean Blue Hue, Viridian Hue, Pthalo Green, Lemon Yellow, Cadmium Yellow Hue, Burnt Sienna, Alazarin Crimson, Cadmium Red Hue, Permanent Rose, Burnt Umber, Payne's Gray

I think one of my issues with paint is I'm not sure what brands to use. I've definitely decided now on the Cotman series for watercolour for now but in terms of gouache it's a hard medium to find info on since barely anyone uses it anymore not to mention it's expensive. I probably should not have bothered with the Reeves brand but it's only like 8 bucks lol. I'm using the white in that set for now but I think it's ok to practice with anyway. We'll see. I'm really happy with everything although the Cerulean blue paint tube bust open and spilled a bit in the bag on my way home and so it got on the edges of the field journal lol. So lame! This was purchased over the last month or so not all at once. Today I picked up the larger masonite board, newsprint, and Pentel brush pen. I need a larger format for gesture drawing. Will NOT be buying newsprint or masonite from DeSerres again. Newsprint was like almost 3 bucks for 40 sheets of this stupid branded pad and the masonite was almost 8 bucks. I'm sure it would be cheaper at Curry's or Above Ground not to mention I'd get way more sheets of newsprint for like .79 on an unbranded pad. Again so lame ha!

Aaaanyway that's it phew! Hopefully I'm done with supplies for a bit. Except to maybe flesh out my Pebeo gouache set. They are really nice better than the Reeves obviously!

<3natasha.
(art supply addict)

No comments:

Post a Comment