Friday, February 26, 2016

Studies - Loomis - More Heads (simplified bone structure)

Sooo I kind of burned out for a bit. 13 days ack. Back on the trolley here. I was doing some paint buying and swatching but nothing really conducive to improvement sadly. I have a problem with dabbling and not really doing anything productive and improving. I do have a nice extensive mixing chart with my new bunch of cotman watercolours though lol. It's an addiction I can't stop buying supplies.

Anyway on to more heads. Still going through the Loomis book on heads. I probably need to do more than one page of each of these but I found the bone structure to be the most fucking annoying thing ever. There I said it. I'm not all misty eyed and inspired by studying bones I'm just not. I'm not going to let that force me to quit or anything it just means I have to force myself more unfortunately. There are parts of studying I'm excited about but drawing bones and skeletons for figures has always turned me off. BORING haha.




- Staedtler Mars Lumograph graphite pencil HB
- Derwent Graphic graphite pencil 4B
- Staedtler pigment liner 0.3 and 0.1
- printer paper
- kneaded erasure
- standard vinyl eraser

Back to the books I go. On to another set of bone structure plates JOY. I will try and do a fun project after the studies to keep me going and in the habit instead of burning out and not practicing at all times. I THINK I want to try some landscape. I heard advice that it's good to keep your hands in all disciplines if you're planning on learning them all (portrait, landscape, figure etc) so you don't obsess over one area and lose skill and take steps back in other areas. I need to actually just start in landscape and background since all I do is pretty girl heads. I got some gouache as well and think I may try something monochromatic we'll see!

<3natasha.


No comments:

Post a Comment